Friday, August 6, 2010

Flower week continues...

After several late nights, I managed to finish up several new projects this week, including the kanzashi flowers I plan to add to hair clips for an upcoming birthday gift. These are double color flowers made from grosgrain ribbon, with coordinating buttons. Each flower is approximately 1.5 inches wide.

Another project I completed is a fun paper flower wreath for our kitchen. I cut out three different sizes of flowers from a set of scrapbook paper I bought years ago and hot glued them to a wreath form I cut from the side of a diaper box. I also punched smaller flower shapes to hot glue to the center of each flower stack. I think it came out really nice, and I plan to make another one for our front door. And the best part is that I used materials I already had on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment